Friday, March 13, 2009

Etruscans

This morning we went to a museum exhibit at SMU about the Etruscans. It was a fantastic collection and a perfect day for Museum-ing (cold and rainy.)
I am continually amazed at Ellie's un-toddler-like behavior. She was an angel throughout the exhibit and even made it through a nice lunch afterwards.
It's been a few days of rain and cold so she hasn't gotten to go the park and I think her last two teeth (the top 2 year molars) are coming in, but she's a trooper!
This afternoon I vacuumed the house really really well and Ellie was a huge helper. She pretended that her popper was a mini-vaccuum and pushed it around just like Mama. She is also a fabulous dirt scouter. When I lifted up the door mat in the breakfast area she backed away on her tippy-toes, disgusted by all the debris. She proceeded to tippy-toe out of the kitchen, exclaiming "dirty dirty!"
It's crazy how she beams when I exclaim that she is "Mama's Little Helper!"
I think Ellie can identify her own name in writing. Several times she has exclaimed "Ellie" when I write her name. Tonight I tested writing "Mama" and she knew it wasn't her name. Her guesses were funny . . . "EB" and "Turtle" I would have tried more, but we ran out of room on the bathtub wall.

No comments: