Monday, May 10, 2010

a case for TV

We just got back from a trip to Austin and the Lake House. Ellie got to spend lots of time with Nana and Papa, her cousins, and her Daddy. Unfortunately I was MIA for a good 24 hours due to a nasty stomach bug. Ellie was very understanding and surprisingly didn't seem to have the slightest concern for my absence. Today I plugged Ellie into the TV so I could relax a little and try to recover. I turned the TV off around lunch time and she climbed into my lap to snuggle and eat at the same time! As she gave me one particularly sweet hug and nuzzle she declared, "it's so nice to be just the two of us now" As you can imagine, my heart leaped for joy! What a sweet little girl to say something so sweet. Well, of course I coudln't resist asking why she said that. Her response detailed the entire story line of one of the shows she watched and the fact that her favorite character, Kipper, said that exact phrase at the end of the show. I know I shouldn't be surprised that she is copying phrases she hears on TV, but I think that this particular phrase at that particular moment was still quite touching!
Gosh I love this girl. Still thinking of eating her up!

No comments: