Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rec Center and Costco

I feel so lucky to get to spend my days with my little angel. Today we went to a nearby rec center to do a little gymnastics and socialization. The first time we went Ellie was pretty timid, but she really got into it today.
She loved the balance beam and the mini-trampolines and actually laughed at the parachute!
Watching the other kids I was struck by how amazing it is to have such a deep connection with a little person. Even as Ellie was venturing off and exploring on her own our eyes would meet and we would communicate volumes. "Look at me, I'm walking across the balance beam all by myself" or "I was having so much fun, but then I got into a little pickle and I can't seem to figure out how to exit gracefully, can you come give me a hand" or "I love you"
This afternoon we went to Costco and I think Ellie loves it just as much as I do! She loves to walk around, but is very careful to stay close and touch the products gently. As we were leaving she asked for 'more costco!' and kept asking to go back as we drove home. She even wanted to go back to the 'brrr cold room.' So silly!

No comments: