Ellie's a kid. The baby in the house is now our baby doll. One of our 3 dolls has to eat every meal with us and has to be fed first. Sometimes 2 dolls have to join us at the table. They are very hungry and thirsty. This sounds cute, but tonight we had pasta with a tomato sauce. Can you picture it? There wasn't a clean hand to grab the camera, so you imagination will have to work.
Seriously, we're having so much fun with this kiddo! Every hour brings something new. Like tonight when she moved all her toys in the living room into a single bin. There was much arranging and rearranging to make it all fit. It was very reminiscent of Tate and his Dad packing any one of our many moving vans through the years.
When we are reading books and we come across something familiar in the book, she has to go find it in real life. For example, if there is a teddy bear in the book, Ellie hops down and gets her teddy. So cute!
She waves all the time, especially to other kids, even pictures of other kids.
She will play contentedly by herself for some time, glancing up to check on us, then back to playing!
She still isn't eating a whole lot, but she does like a wide variety of food. Right now we are particularly into nuts. (Yeah, I know some experts advise against giving toddlers nuts but we're ignoring it based on the fact that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that it is the best course of action.) She also really likes refried beans, tortillas, and kefir. Also, whole grapes (yes it scares me to death, but I watch her very closely), dried vegetable chips, crackers, and cold breakfast cereal.
There are so many little magic moments I wish I could remember them all. I think to myself, "has there ever been a more perfect angel?" and "has any Mother ever loved her child as much as I love Elliette?" As soon as I ask myself these questions I feel a sense of awe at the wonder of life and how amazing it is that ever Mama probably asks herself these very questions. What a wonderful world!
1 comment:
I love your commentary. Now you know why I have a framed quote that says, "Mother is another word for love." It is especially precious because it was a gift from my two wonderful daughters, Jennifer and Alissa!
Love,
Grammy
Post a Comment