We just got back from a whirlwind trip to Texas. We hit Austin, Dallas, and the outlet mall in San Marcos in less than 7 days. We got to see lots of family and friends and can't wait to be back there for good!
The most exciting bits of news are that we are moving back soon, we have accepted an offer on our house and are closing May 27th. Also, my best friend Elizabeth is expecting!
Ellie loved Texas even more than we did I think! Her favorite things were spending lots of time outdoors (she says ew, ew, and points at trees, birds, etc over and over), her friend Kennedy who was born 3 days after Ellie and is a super-crawler, being the center of attention of all the adults around, tex-mex food, especially rice and beans and quacamole, playing with her cousins Grant and Paige, admiring her friend Gracie whose due date was exactly Ellie's due date, just one year earlier, and swimming in Nana and Papa's hot tub (turned down of course!).
Tate has decided that SMU will be his next university! We're all very excited to be moving to Dallas, but Tate is hoping I don't spend too much time at NorthPark!
In case you missed Ellie, here's what she can do at 10 months,
Point (sometimes she even wakes up pointing!)
Say Dog (not Doggy)
Climb up stairs (she made it all the way to the top of Nana and Papa's stairs!)
Say Mama (but only when she's really upset and she wants me to pick her up, so I'm not sure it means me, I think it might mean, pretty pretty please hug me)
Walk (but she doesn't do it often and usually only a step or two, except that one day we shot the video below)
Eat big girl food (but not baby food)
Drink from a real cup (but not from a sippy cup)
Play Hide and Seek herself
Wave hello and bye-bye
Nest blocks and any other object she can (her favorite activity!)
Sort laundry (her second favorite activity, she especially likes clean diapers, socks, washclothes, etc. see picture above)
That's all I can think of right now. Must sleep.
1 comment:
Great pictures! I love the outdoor ones. Ellie looks adorable and very happy!
I'll bet you all can't wait to get back to good ol' Texas. Yeah!
See you soon.
Love,
Grammy and Grandpa
Post a Comment