Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Love this Picture


She looks so purposeful here. Thumping things is a new thing around here.
We've had a rough week of sleep. Last night wasn't too bad though and tonight is shaping up OK as well (as in she has slept for more than an hour without waking up!)
She is all about standing up right now. Check out the video of her cruising around her crib. Lots of chattering around here too.
The top two teeth are here, bringing us to a total of 4 whole teeth. The chompers don't seem to be related to her readiness for solids however. She will accept one spoonful of pureed food and then spits it out and turns her head when we offer more. I thought that maybe she just doesn't like the texture and tried giving her some more solid food like slightly mushed banana, very ripe pear, and well cooked small pieces of zucchini. I wish we had the results on video. She keeps the food on her tongue, but the look in her eyes and on her face is pure panic. She then makes horrible noises like she is choking. The first time I thought she really was choking, but the other times I could see the food on her tongue, so I knew not to worry. She did enjoy gumming an apple and scraping small pieces with her bottom tooth, but I read that was a choking hazard so I'll wait before I try that again.
We successfully nursed in the sling the other day and I was so excited. I am so glad the days of Ellie not wanting to nurse are over! While I know that a baby who wants to nurse all the time can be challenging, it really was heartbreaking when Ellie didn't seem to like to nurse and her just nuzzling into position for nursing in the middle of the store while she was in a sling felt so wonderful. Luckily I was wearing just enough layers to make it possible yet discreet.
So far Tate is in at Baylor and SMU, yipee! We're still waiting to hear from UT and U of Houston.

1 comment:

shelly said...

Hey T,J & E! We miss Ellie. (and ya'll too!) We can't wait for ya'll to move back to the Lone Star State. Congratulations on Tate's acceptance letters so far, we'll keep our fingers crossed for UT. Take care & keep posting pictures of your beautiful girlie.