Saturday, October 13, 2007
Peals of laughter
I posted earlier that she was laughing, and there had been instances of laughter, but we've recently been showered with giggles! Needless to say we're almost obsessed with being funny in order to get more laughs. Stroll by our house in the evening and you are apt to hear roars, tooting noises, bad singing, and raspberries all in the hope of coaxing more sweet throaty laughs from our sweet pea.
Another thing she's been doing lately is opening her mouth wide for kisses! As you lean in to kiss her she smiles big and opens wide.
I know I've said it before, but we are really convinced that she is now teething. We can see the teeth on the side of her gums. She's also gnawing vigorously on anything she can get into her mouth. If she can't get it into her mouth she starts to fuss. She's also spitting up more and has runnier poops. All signs of teething according to the books. I can't say I'm too happy about this though - but she is advanced I guess! Yesterday I microwaved an ice cube made of breast milk for a second, then pounded the ice into little pieces and stuffed it in a baby sock. I then tied the end in a knot and gave her the cold end to chew on. She absolutely loved it and if I didn't know any better I'd swear she looked at me when she was done and tried to ask for more!
Lots of new videos on the link to our pics on the left. You'll notice in the clips that as soon as Elliette sees the camera she freezes and her eyes get really big. We think the blinking light is just too hypnotic for her. Not good for catching some of her most spectacular free flow talking and wiggling.
1 comment:
We can't wait to hear Ellie laugh! It must be fun to play the comic to elicit giggles. You two are such great parents!
Love,
Grammy and Grampa
Post a Comment