I'm 5 days from the due date today and still no sign of actual labor. The midwives I see don't do internal exams until the due date so I have no idea if I'm dilating or effacing. They feel that there really isn't any medical reason to check as it is not a very good indicator of when labor will really start. However, I wish I knew, then at least I would have a number to obsess over!
I have been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, especially in the evening. They're sometimes pretty strong and regular, but they always fade away overnight. So as far as I can tell, our little one is not telling when she is going to make her debut into this world! We will post any new info though - I promise!
I tell you though, I'm really hoping it is sooner rather than later. I'm getting too big to do much other than eat, sleep (for short spurts between trips to the bathroom), and cry. The hormones that are getting my body ready for labor are wreaking havoc on my sanity. Or maybe it's just the anticipation of such a huge life changing event that is making me feel like I have the worst case of PMS ever. Either way, I'm so eager to meet her I can hardly stand it!
Seriously though, when I can grasp the fact that Tate and I are going to be parents and are going to get to hold our precious little baby girl soon I am the happiest person in the world. (Trouble is that it's kind of hard to grasp!)
1 comment:
So glad you updated. I was a basket case at that time too. It's pretty rough. The best thing would be to enjoy your last days of being baby free and watch lots of movies & read & take naps and stuff, but it's virtually impossible to enjoy it when you're on the cusp like that. Hang in there, girl.
Post a Comment