
My baby shower was last weekend and it was wonderful! My two great friends threw it for us and they did a fantastic job. The weekend began with both sets of grandparents-to-be arriving Friday evening. We headed to the Union for a food, drinks, and ice cream and had a great time. Later that night I was in bed (trying to calm my fidgety legs) when I heard a commotion in the back of the house. I figured Tate would handle it, but when it continued I got out of bed only to find my Best Friend (who lives in Dallas) standing in my living room. I was literally speachless! I have never been so shocked in my entire life. It was sooo great to see her and having her in town made all the celebrations that much more special. I think it helped me digest the fact that Tate and I are embarking on the adventure of our lives and nothing will ever be the same. Now I have to come up with some way to get her back for almost sending me into labor!
On Saturday my sister arrived and we had a backyard brat-fest in the afternoon. I knew Alissa was coming, but it was still an amazing feeling to have all my favorite people in the world so close together. I feel like our baby got to know all of them a little bit too. I hope she knows how many people love her and want to welcome her into this world!
Next we headed to the Capitol, State Street, and to the Terrace. I am quite certain that there are few things better than a beautiful spring day, a nice stroll, shopping, and relaxing by the water with your family and friends.
The shower was Sunday and everything was perfect. The food was delicious, we got great presents for our little girl, and the company was divine! The gifts are assembled, washed, folded, and put in place so we're pretty much ready for the grand arrival.
I've been taking it easy since then though! I seem to be growing every day. Folks at work are guessing that I'm going to have this baby in late May. I'm still feeling pretty good, but I can see how 9-10 months is really more than enough (for Mom at least!)
Tate's wrapping up his semester which always means a flurry of papers or tests to grade, papers to write, and other scholarly things. Tomorrow he is giving a lecture to a class of several hundred! He's been teaching classes of 25-35 for a few years now, but nothing on this level.
I can't believe that we will soon be posting BABY PICTURES to this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment