Monday, April 16, 2007

What it's like these days!


I'm a little over 31 weeks and I still can't believe I have a baby in my tummy! I can feel her almost all the time. She's been in the same position for a few weeks now, head down, her back curved along my right side, and her legs on the left side. She squirms her bottom around and sometimes it feels like it is moving up into my rib cage, sometimes it is straight out and my belly is lopsided, but most of the time it is somewhere in the middle. She loves to fidget with her legs. I hesitate to call it kicking, because it is rarely a jarring sensation, but she is definitely strong. If you put your hand up to my belly and she is moving around it's hard not to believe that she is going to come busting through the skin!
She gets the hiccups a lot too - so far she's had them three times today and it is only 7pm. She usually has another episode around 11pm too! They're really easy to feel from the outside too.
I'm feeling OK. I had a rough week where I felt alternately almost sick, sick, or hopelessly tired. I feel a million times better today though! Hopefully it will last.
Sleeping is getting very difficult too. On top of the fact that it is hard to get comfortable and I don't really like sleeping on my sides and I wake up about every 45 minutes and have to go the bathroom almost as often as I wake up, I seem to have developed a case of Restless leg Syndrome! I don't think I would wish restless leg syndrome on my worst enemy - it is absolutely horrible. Just when I get comfortable I have an unbelievably strong urge to move my legs. It's good practice for my relaxation techniques for labor though.
Today I was looking for a parking spot and almost passed one by that said 'Reserved for expectant Mothers." I figured I might as well take advantage of it even though I don't feel like it is any more difficult for me to walk to the door than anyone else.
We've been reading to our little girl at night and I think she is a bookworm already!
There's lots of other happenings too, every day is a new adventure! Mostly though I'm just falling more and more in love with our little girl and more in love with Tate as I watch him become a father (a couple of gray hairs included!).
We're getting really eager to meet her!

No comments: